24 Photos That Will Make You Want To Walk Camino de Santiago

| | ,

Camino de Santiago is a 500 mile pilgrimage across Spain. I walked “The Way” in 2012, and it has thus far been the most transformative travel experience of my life. I’m starting to see a lot blogs with pilgrims documenting their trips to Santiago de Compostella this summer, which allows me to relive my time in Spain vicariously. My uncle Jim is walking to Santiago, too! Although, he is not blogging about it. Every summer, I start to think back on my journey, and the many lessons it taught me. Every photo I took tells a story, and captures a moment in time that made me the person I am today. Here are 24 photo moments from my journey to Santiago.

24 Photos That Will Make You Want To Walk Camino de Santiago

Click Here To See My Recommended Gear List For Camino De Santiago

1.) One of my very first photos from day 1 after leaving St. Jean Pied de Port at 6:00 AM. On this day I would cross from France into Spain and begin my pilgrimage towards Santiago. It was upon taking this photo that I had my “I’ve arrived” moment. Camino de Santiago St Jean Pied de Port

2.) Within a few miles of beginning my walk, I met an Argentine fellow who was living and working in Sweden. My time in Argentina had taught me enough Castellano to carry on a decent conversation, and this gave me a lot of confidence as I headed into Spain. We made sure to take photos of each other to capture the morning majesty of St. Jean Pied de Port. 8001717609_ae6a07c2cb_o

3.) This photo is a look back on the trail before crossing into Spain and descending to my first stop, the town of Roncesvalles. There were sheep, horses, and green hills in every direction. For a split second, the world stopped spinning, and I was just a part of it.

Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

4.) Everyday on the Camino, you pass through small villages and towns. You’re dirty, you’re tired, you’re hungry, but you’re a pilgrim. We all shared in the struggle together. It was a strange feeling to see the big cities ahead and only want to pass through them. The trail was my home, and the pilgrims were my family. Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

5.) The bridge in Puenta La Reina is the junction of the French Aragonese Way. In the morning, with the arches reflecting into perfect circles, it was hard not to just stop and admire how lucky I was to be there. Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

6.) Walking in to the town of Cirauqui was when I really started to hit my stride. I no longer had doubts or anxiety. My legs felt fresh and ready to walk each morning, and my mind felt free and clear. Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

7.) It had been a long day when I reached the beautiful town of Najera, amongst cliffs of red rock. I sat down with fellow pilgrims over a pizza dinner, and discussed the all important “how do you derive happiness in life?” question. Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

8.) Some days are filled with picturesque beauty, others are a never ending run of the same scenery. It’s a bit like life in that regard. I found that regularity defined perfection. With each step I took, the way I saw things began to change. Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

9.) The sunflowers on the Camino were the anthem to my summer. Resembling the sun itself, reflecting warmth and happiness, even in stormy weather. Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

10.) Chasing shadows at dawn was a ritual I learned to love. I left Castrojeriz to get an early jump on the heat of the Meseta, and caught this stunning moment just after daybreak. Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

11.) Every now and again I would look down at my feet and think about how many pilgrims had walked the exact same steps over the hundreds of years before my time. Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

12.) This view caught me off guard, as the sun opened up a keyhole portal in the sky. It was like a dream upon waking, only in existence for a short moment. It made me think of how many similar moments I had missed, by simply not being present. Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

13.) I had never been much of a morning person before the Camino. As a pilgrim, no one tells you when to get up or what to do each day. Still, I found myself waking up before sunrise to catch the day breaking over fields of sunflowers.Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

14.) Sometimes it’s the simple things in life. Every morning I would start the day with 5-10km of walking before grabbing a coffee and pastry at the first cafe I came across. For lunch, I would eat a bocadillo, and for dinner, I would order a special from restaurants from their “Pilgrims Menu”. My favorite snacks were breads and fruits. It was so nice to share food and stories with other pilgrims, enjoying the shade from trees that protect pilgrims from the sun, year after year. Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

15.) There was nothing quite like the smell of the boot room or boot rack. At most albergues, the host would ask that you leave your boots in the lobby before heading to your room. Each pair had a story, with wear marks and tears to tell you where they’d been. Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

16.) With only 100 km left to go, I was overcome with excitement and sadness at the same time. I was so delighted to be closing in on Santiago, but I didn’t want the incredible journey to end. The Camino is the perfect metaphor for the journey of life in this regard. I’ve learned how to enjoy the path to every destination. Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

17.) There were many places along the Camino where I considered moving in and staying for a while. So many of the small towns and villages were picture perfect. One notable building was the white structure in the photo below, just outside Villafranca.Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

18.) Staring up at the gates of Santiago de Compostella after walking nearly 500 miles was something I’ll never forget. Words can’t describe the energy and enthusiasm emanating from the pilgrims streaming into the cathedral grounds. ICamino de Santiago Photos Photography

19.) The swinging of the botafumiero is one of the most iconic images from inside the cathedral. I was very fortunate to catch the proceedings just as I arrived. Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

20.) After walking through the cathedral, I made my way to the pilgrims office to receive my Compostella. It was just a piece of paper, but it meant so much to me.

Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

21.) The only token of the Camino that meant more to me than my compostella was my pilgrims passport. On it’s pages were the stamps of each albergue I stayed at. From start to finish, a journal of The Way. Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

22.) After Santiago, I knew I had to continue on to Finisterre. Finisterre translates to ‘the end of the earth’. At the lighthouse on the cape, lies the final waypost reading 0’00km. There is no further a pilgrim can walk from there. The landscape and climate began to change as I walked closer to the coast, it was a very fitting end to such an adventure.

Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

23.) I met new friends on the way to Finisterre and we enjoyed a lot of time on and off the trail recounting our favorite moments and stories. Learning to listen and not just hear was a lesson that has stuck with me.  There is no rush to finish a conversation when you have all day to talk. It’s amazing how this can change the dynamic between friends. Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

24.) As I approached the lighthouse in Finisterre, I knew my beautiful journey had come to and end. Words failed me then, as they do now. I returned home a new man. Pilgrims walk down from the lighthouse and burn their clothing in a symbolic gesture to signify the shedding of their old self, and their rebirth as someone new, washed clean. Fog rolled in over the water as I took it all in, watching the sun set. A month of memories flashed though my mind, and I felt the pilgrimage come to a story book ending.
Camino de Santiago Photos Photography

Click Here To See My Recommended Gear List For Camino De Santiago

24 Photos That Will Make You Want To Walk Camino de Santiago

Photo Gallery: Mt. Baldy via Old Mt. Baldy Trail (Bear Canyon)

Gear Review: Julbo Bivouak Sunglasses With Camel Lenses

Notify of
guest

139 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Alison
5 years ago

Stunning photos, Drew! The Camino has been on our list of trails to do for a while now. Your beautiful photos and insightful comments make me want to be there now!

Reply to  Alison

Thanks! It’s an incredible journey, and one I’d highly recommend! You guys would love it!

lovetotrav
5 years ago

This has been on a “maybe” list for a long time but your pictures and words have drawn me in again. A gorgeous post that goes beyond the visual. How long did it take you (and others as well).. realizing that the time is relative depending on how many non-walking days you take or how much you walk each day? Also I have about accommodation (of finding it) being challenging? Was that your experience? Thanks so much.

Reply to  lovetotrav

Glad to hear this pushed it from the “maybe” list! It took me 23 days to Santiago and 26 to Finisterre, but most people hike at a much slower rate and finish in 30-35 days. I just really like covering 20 miles a day on trips like this, as my mind really slows down and finds clarity when my body hits the wall. Accommodations are not a problem at all over the first 669km. It’s the final 100km that are a bit tough. One only needs to hike the final 100km to receive a compostella, so you’ll find many people who start from the town of Sarria for this purpose. I would just call ahead each day to book a reservation during this section. It really limited the freedom I had on the first 669km, but it wasn’t too bad.

lovetotrav
Reply to  Drew

Thanks so much for all the info. I appreciate it. I will look into it further.

Nicolette
Nicolette

Wow! Definitely looks incredible, Drew! 🙂

Reply to  Nicolette

Thanks, Nicolette!!

Heidi Leigh Smith
5 years ago

Stunning photos! We’ve had poppies as our floral companions for our journey. The wildflowers have been simply spectacular!

5 years ago

Thanks, Heidi!! So cool to hear you’re getting the poppies, I’m sure the wildflowers make for a stunning backdrop!

Mani (A New Life Wandering)

Wow! What a way to sum up the camino! I have read many posts about it and this one is so intimate, stunning and inspiring. The experience sounds absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing.

5 years ago

Thanks, Mani! I appreciate the very kind words!

highland hind
5 years ago

A beautiful synopsis Drew. It’s all clearly still very fresh in your mind. It is for me too, and my pilgrimage was also in 2012. I don’t think a day passes when I don’t think about some part of the Camino. Thanks for an even more nostalgic day than most. I often wonder about doing it again. Is it something you’ve considered?

Reply to  highland hind

Thanks! It’s hard to get the Camino out your blood once you’ve become a pilgrim 🙂 I hear similar accounts from other pilgrims, so I don’t think we’re alone in that. The Camino taught me so many life lessons and changed me in a lot of ways, so it’s hard not to notice the little things from day to day. Like you, I’ve definitely considered walking again. On one hand, it would be great to go back and walk the Frances again to relive the glory of 2012, and gain the insight of another walk. On the other hand, there are so many other great treks around the world that I’m excited to get out and experience. It’s a tough call, but I’m sure I’ll find myself back out there at some point.

Michelle nathan
Michelle nathan
Reply to  Drew

Absolutely breathtaking drew can you tell me what is the best time of year to walk the trail

4 years ago

Thanks, Michelle! It really depends on your preferences. Most people like to hike in late spring or early fall for nice weather. I choose the dead of summer, as I like hot weather and am not a fan of rain. The temperature is much more pleasant in fall and spring, but you’ll get a little more precipitation. Most pilgrims walk from May to September though, so any months in between will be manageable.

gabigabs111
5 years ago

Great post. I collect stamps and the stamp passports is such a great idea (and a cheap lightweight souvenir).

Reply to  gabigabs111

Nice! Yes, the stamps make for a very special souvenir. I have the passport framed and hanging by desk to look at each day!

anna
anna
5 years ago

Must add this hike to the list too. My list is never ending! Lol. Awesome photos mate!

Reply to  anna

Yes! It’s an incredible journey, and well worth the time spent on trail. My list grows longer everyday, I feel like I should just take a year and get as many treks done as I possible before I go crazy!

curt edge
5 years ago

Some awesome photos. Hope you had an awesome time.

Reply to  curt edge

Thanks, Curt! It was incredible!

Sue
Sue
Reply to  curt edge

Beautiful pictures of a wonderful journey !! I begin mine spring 2017 in April ! What camera did you carry? Thank you so much for sharing your journey !!!

Reply to  Sue

Thanks, Sue! I actually shot most of these photos with my iPhone 4S back in 2012. I use a Sony a6000 now though. Enjoy your walk in 2017!

Peter Lam
5 years ago

So beautiful and a great writeup. I hope I can do this one day and be equally inspired.

Reply to  Peter Lam

Thanks, Peter!

mhoustonfl
5 years ago

Great post – we all have so many “caminos” of different sorts in our lives – they can be very different types of walks but being a pilgrim is a common denominator. – FromSwamptoSummit.com

Reply to  mhoustonfl

Very true!

Tessa
5 years ago

These are gorgeous photos. I was all set to walk the Camino at the end of this summer but it will have to wait a few years until I finish Peace Corps. I frequently look at the guidebook I purchased for my trip and look forward to whenever I finally get to walk the Walk. Thanks for sharing your pictures and experience 🙂

Reply to  Tessa

Thank you, Tessa! The Peace Corps will be an incredible journey. Where will you be serving? I almost joined the Peace Corps before I went to grad school. Part of me wishes I would have gone. Have fun!

Tessa
Reply to  Drew

I will be serving in Ukraine beginning in October, provided that the situation there does not worsen. And hey, it’s never too late for Peace Corps, maybe one day you’ll still join. It’s an adventure I know will change my life and I can’t wait!
Anyway I enjoy your posts and hope your adventures continue as well 🙂

Reply to  Tessa

Wow, that’s great! Hopefully things will remain stable in the region. That sounds like a great opportunity. Make sure to post about your Peace Corps experience when you get out there!

Tessa
Reply to  Drew

I definitely will, thanks!

photobyjohnbo
5 years ago

Your photos are absolutely beautiful! Every time I read your latest hiking post, I realize how I missed the boat, only to find the enjoyment of hiking upon my retirement. Trying to make up for lost time, but I know I won’t have an experience like this one. 🙂

Reply to  photobyjohnbo

Thank you! Making up for lost time is better than most, and is a Camino in and of itself.

McEff
5 years ago

Fantastic, that. The Camino is something I’ve always wanted to walk. Your words and pictures fill me with enthusiasm.
Cheers, Alen

Reply to  McEff

Thanks, Alen!

Kendra S
5 years ago

Wow, absolutely stunning photographs and a fantastic summary of what it is like to be on the Camino. I’m being bashed over the head right now with waves of nostalgia… Love it – thanks for posting this!

Reply to  Kendra S

haha, Camino nostalgia is some of the strongest I’ve ever experienced!

megiaven
5 years ago

Hi Drew thanks for liking and following our blog. Awesome photos of the Camino! I’d love to do it some day. Megan.

Reply to  megiaven

Thanks for the reply, Megan! The Camino is a special journey, it would be awesome if you could do it someday!

Lucy
5 years ago

Stunning pictures and breathtaking landscape! Looks like quite a place. Have a great weekend!

Reply to  Lucy

Thanks, Lucy! You have a great weekend as well!

C3L1N3
5 years ago

I’ve been to Santiago de Compostela once and it’s really an amazing and holy place where I can see a lot of pilgrims doing el camino de Santiago. Great job, Drew!

Reply to  C3L1N3

Thanks! Santiago is a very cool city and has a great atmosphere with all of the pilgrims 🙂

claudiacamina
5 years ago

I just finished the Camino so it is especially nice to see your fine photos. Which camera did you use?

Reply to  claudiacamina

Hi Claudia! And Buen Camino! I used my iphone 4S when I shot this in 2012. I wish I could go back and use my current camera, a Sony a6000. I guess I’ll just have to return soon!

Editha
Editha
5 years ago

Such an awesome write-up. The Camino is definitely on my bucket list, and your post gave me so much to look forward to! Thanks for sharing your journey!

Reply to  Editha

Thanks for reading, Editha!!

Brenda
Brenda
4 years ago

I love this post Drew!! The Camino de Santiago has been on my bucket list for many years. I’m feeling very motivated right now and thinking of booking my ticket to begin the last week of August.

Reply to  Brenda

Thanks, Brenda! Let me know if you decide to go!

Anonymous
Anonymous
4 years ago

Now, more than ever, I am bent to start working out to get fit so I can walk the Camino. Very moving and inspiring post, Drew, thank you. May our good Lord continue to bless you.

Reply to  Anonymous

That’s great to hear! I hope you’re able to walk the Camino soon. It’s a beautiful journey!

Sandie
Sandie
4 years ago

Wow..breathtaking photo’s, I can feel your heart in your words…its easy to tell you found a piece of your soul here! 🙂
I knew pretty early in life that I would one day travel this old road! And in September of this year I finally get to walk my Camino! Your photos feel like home to me..it’s a place I’ve imagined for years.. thank you for sharing your precious memories x

Reply to  Sandie

Thanks, Sandie! It’s been four years now since I walked the Camino, but it still feels like yesterday. The Way had a profound impact on my life. It’s great to hear that you’re fulfilling a life long dream to walk the way of St. James. Buen Camino!

Sandie
Sandie
4 years ago

Amazing..maybe some day you might return 🙂

Reply to  Sandie

I hope so!

Les Petits Pas de Juls

Drew, as I’m planning to hike El Camino this September, I’m so happy to have stumbled upon your blog and discover your insight on the hike. These few pictures are just absolutely fabulous and I know that I’ll have a fabulous trip too.
Thanks for the beauty and inspiration.
I’ll keep browsing through…

Happy hiking!
Jul’

4 years ago

Thanks for stopping by the blog! It’s great to hear you’ll be walking in September. I actually journaled and took a lot of pictures on the Camino, I just need to upload them to these Camino posts. I’ve been focusing on my hiking, gear, and trekking posts and have gotten a little behind on the updates. Hopefully I can add more to the daily Camino Posts soon.

Les Petits Pas de Juls
Reply to  Trail to Peak

It’ll be fun to review your posts again, then.
But I’m sure I’ll be busy drooling over your other treks pictures and tales at the same time.

jansaxtonJan
4 years ago

My husband John did this trek 2 years ago and returned talking non stop about it, almost to the extent of…yawn. Now I to am about to go on it, initially to do the coastal route which he was keen to do, but with hip/knee problems we are going to stick to this one, as it appears not as difficult. He assures me he will enjoy it again and see and enjoy it differently again. He says he could walk it every year and enjoy it. So from a couple that had never walked/treked before we are excited, and committed.

Reply to  jansaxtonJan

I was a lot like you husband. I couldn’t stop talking about the Camino for years 🙂 So great to hear that you’ll be walking The Way! I’d really like to walk the Norte some day, but like your husband, would have no problem returning to walk the Frances. It’s an incredible trail.

rmguffey
rmguffey
4 years ago

Great photos Drew! I walked The Way in Sept/Oct 2014. Tremendous experience. The meditation, scenery, people, and food AND wine all made for a beautiful pilgrimage. I have excited and bored many of my friends with the magical moments that seemed to occur almost daily. I am currently planning a return trip in Oct 2017. Again, thanks for posting the photos and I really enjoyed your video as well. Buen Camino!

trackback

[…] The Camino de Santiago in Spain.  Photo courtesy of Trail to Peak.  […]

maelena277
4 years ago

I’m starting my Camino on 7th of September and these stunning photos and your comments have made me even more excited at the prospect, if that is possible. Thank you for sharing!

Reply to  maelena277

Great to hear! Buen Camino!

Sally Rathbun
4 years ago

Thanks for the photos. Have wanted to do this walk for years, but I am afraid I am too old now. Maybe part of it?

Reply to  Sally Rathbun

Hello, Sally. I don’t think anyone is ever too old. I met countless pilgrims north of 60 enjoying the way. They may have taken a little longer to finish, but they still enjoyed it. Some walked the full Frances, and others started 100-200km from Santiago to walk the final stages. The key is to walk your own Camino and enjoy it!

lillirod
lillirod
Reply to  Sally Rathbun

Never too old to do it provided you are fit and patient. At 60 yrs old, I did my first trial camino, a 115km frrom Sarria to Santiago in September 2004 and enjoyed it very much. After doing prep long walks at home, I returned in the Spring 2007 to start in Roncesvalles and in Spring 2011 to start in St Jean Pied de Port. Best season, although it may rain, temperatures are cool and not so crowded. Buen Camino!

Reply to  lillirod

Thanks for the comment! Such an inspiring anecdote for those looking to walk as they get older. My uncle is in his mid 60’s and walked the Portuguese route last year and the Camino Ingles this year. He trains like a pro and does a lot of prep to keep himself in top shape. He also walked to Finisterre and Muxia this summer. Life just begins after 60 for some. Enjoy it!

Lillian E Rodriguez
Lillian E Rodriguez
4 years ago

Thanks for sharing your great captures of your Camino experience. Enjoyed them and remembered my own caminos on 2007 and 2011. Saludos!

4 years ago

Thanks, Lillian! Great to hear from a fellow pilgrim. So cool that you were able to walk twice. I’m looking forward to going back to walk the Norte or Portuguese route someday.

Rae J
Rae J

Thank You Drew!! I enjoyed your photos and story very much!! 😃

Reply to  Rae J

Thanks, Rae!

Mary clark
Mary clark
4 years ago

Hi..fantastic photos..always wanted to do this but have got caught up with treks like Everest Basecamp, kilimanjaro & Mt.Kenya. I am hoping to volunteer in Kenya in the slums in 2017 so I guess I’ll have to slot in the camino for 2018….did u do the walk through a company and how much did it cost..like u I’d prefer to do the 20 miles a day as I have young family n would like to not be away too long in one trip….well done …🍀

Reply to  Mary clark

Thanks, Mary! You’ve done some pretty amazing treks. I’m hoping to do Everest and Kilimanjaro soon. I just walked on my own. No guide services are needed on the Camino. It’s nice to have the freedom and flexibility to choose your own way. I spend anywhere from 10-30 euro a day depending on my accommodations. The longer days made it easy to keep costs down. Hopefully you can make it out soon!

Flemming
Flemming
4 years ago

Thanks for the greatstory and stunning pictures.
Almost like bieng back.
My first though is “I got to go back – got to”

Reply to  Flemming

Thanks, Flemming! I can’t wait to go back! Hopefully you can get back soon 🙂

soulharmony4u

Reblogged this on Soulharmony4u Blog and commented:
These stunning photos will give you a new appreciation for the world around you. Blessings! – Soulharmony4u

Liz - Good Things
4 years ago

Wow! Simply stunning. Thank you for sharing your journey!

Thanks, Liz!

Tom Fresnido
Tom Fresnido
4 years ago

Thanks for your great pictures n comments. It’s been in my bucket list n hope to walk with my wife n highschool buddies. We have mobility n health issues but are determined. Not sure about the luxury of 20-35 days though so the last 100km might be our ticket and we definitely would like our compostelas. Hope to greet u with buen camino soon!

Reply to  Tom Fresnido

Walking the final 100km would be a nice compromise. I took 22 days to reach Santiago, but walked a lot of days close to 30 miles. If you only have a week or so, start in Sarria and you’ll still receive a Compostella. The tough part is that you’ll find that last stretch to be a bit of a mad house with a lot of fellow walkers and most accommodations booked solid. It lacks a lot of the Camino spirit and pageantry because of the crowds.

Laurie A. Ferris

Reblogged this on The Camino Provides and commented:
Here’s some inspiration with stunning photos of the Camino Francés for #FridayFaves. Drew’s blog has a lot of great info on hiking gear and ideas for training hikes as well. I hope the Camino beckons Drew back someday. I would love to see his perspective on the Camino del Norte.
Trail to Peak has been added to my Favorite Camino Blogs page at caminoprovides.com/favorite-camino-blogs/
Enjoy!

Thanks, Laurie!

trackback

[…] the Camino beckons Drew back someday. I would love to see his perspective on the Camino del Norte. 24 Photos That Will Make You Want To Walk Camino de Santiago has been added to my Favorite Camino Blogs page. […]

andrew
andrew
4 years ago

Wonderful to look at the points where they were. Thank you for your photos are beautiful. Sam photographs but mine are not as beautiful as yours. Buen camino friend. Andrew- pilgrim .

Reply to  andrew

Thanks, Andrew! Much appreciated.

Barb
Barb
4 years ago

The beauty of these images and your thoughts behind them has my eyes tearing up. I will be on the Camino next year gathering my own images, insights, revelations and, of course, love and laughs,

Reply to  Barb

Thanks, Barb! I’m glad my photos and captions were able to provide a little inspiration. Great to hear you’ll be walking the Camino soon to make your own memories on The Way!

Jean Pothier
Jean Pothier
4 years ago

I have walked 2500+kms on the Camino over the past 11 years.
Here are photos taken during this tome.

Reply to  Jean Pothier

Wow, that’s awesome, Jean!

mary Wyman
mary Wyman
4 years ago

How I enjoyed savoring your pictures. Each reminded me of my pilgrimage on the Camino, even though I walked in April, May and June of 2010. You have captured the essence of the ever changing landscape.
Mary O’Hara Wyman
Grandma’s on the Camino

Reply to  mary Wyman

Thanks! It’s always great to hear from fellow pilgrims!

Thomas
4 years ago

Excellent words and images. I will be starting early September. I hope my images can do the Camino the justice your images did. Great work!

Reply to  Thomas

Thanks, Thomas! Buen Camino!

Ariana Rose Brackenbury

Great blog and the pictures are amazing. Having walked the Camino many times it is wonderful to see such stunning pictures. Thank you

4 years ago

Thanks, Ariana! Awesome that you’ve walked the Camino many times. I hope I’m able to say that some day.

goodman
4 years ago

Will be heading directly to the Catedral de Santiago de Compostelo tomorrow, and won’t be doing the camino. However, upon seeing your amazing photos, the camino is definitely an exciting endeavor that one should accomplish even if once in his lifetime. Thanks for inspiring – hope to do it in the future.

Reply to  goodman

Thanks for the comment. I hope you enjoyed Santiago!

Jenny
Jenny
4 years ago

Thank you, these photos are truly inspirational. I’m planning on hiking the Camino in September/October. Do you think it’s safe for a women to do alone?

Reply to  Jenny

Thanks, Jenny. Great that you’re planning to walk the Camino in the Fall. It’s pretty safe to walk the Camino alone as a woman. I met countless women along the Way walking by themselves. For the most part, you’re never really alone 🙂 There have been a few incidents over the past years though. It’s best to take caution.

Luisa Carou Ferreiro
4 years ago

Amazingly beautiful! Wonderful pics!

Thanks, Luisa!

Anonymous
Anonymous
4 years ago

Thank you drew. Just got back in may and missing it already.

Reply to  Anonymous

It’s been 4 years for me now, and I still feel the same. It will stay with you forever.

Anonymous
Anonymous
4 years ago

Such a lovely collection of beautiful photos and heartfelt words. Thanks for taking the time to assemble and share. Your post is a real treat.

Reply to  Anonymous

Thank you. Much appreciated!

139
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x